American Ninja Warrior Kids is a spinoff of the popular American Ninja Warrior show. Season 1 aired in the fall of 2018 & spring of 2019. Season 2 was renewed in the spring of 2019, and filming for the season took place in July 2019 in Los Angeles, California. Episodes for Season 2 of American Ninja Warrior Junior will begin airing on February 22nd, 2020 on Universal Kids, ending around April or May.
Akbar Gbajabiamila and Matt Iseman return as hosts for ANW Jr, with Victoria Arlen – a Paralympic gold-medalist in swimming – joining the hosting team as well to co-host American Ninja Warrior Season 2. Drew Drechsel, Jessie Graff, Barclay Stockett, Grant McCartney, Najee Richardson, and Meagan Martin are the mentor and coach ninjas for Season 2.
As a reminder of the format: ANW Kids is for youth aged 9-14, and is a tournament style format. New for Season 2 is the introduction of a wildcard – a few ninjas will be able to re-run the course to qualify for a wildcard spot in the quarterfinals. The obstacles on Season 2 of American Ninja Warrior Junior include: Shrinking and Floating Steps, the Little Dipper, Spider Walls, Double Tilt Ladders, Crazy Cliffhanger, the Block Run, Flying Squirrel, Wingnuts, Skyhooks, and the Warped Wall. There are 3 different age brackets: 9 & 10, 11 & 12, and 13 & 14 year olds. At the end of the show, three different “American Ninja Warrior Junior” champions will be crowned, one from each age group. The Season 1 winners were Vance Walker, Kai Beckstrand and Collin Cella.
Casting for the show took place using a similar system to ANW – they requested submissions and videos from competitors who wished to be on the show. Applications were open from February 23rd-May 6th, 2019. Free tickets were also made available to taping of the episodes, which filmed in July of 2019.
American Ninja Warrior Junior Kids Season 2 Finals Standings & Champions
Ages 9-10 Final Standings
- Nathanael Honvou (Season 2 Ninja Warrior Junior Champion Age 9-10)
- Reeder Smith
- Daniel Woods
- Owen Pham
Ages 11-12 Final Standings
- Jack David (Season 2 Ninja Warrior Junior Champion Age 11-12)
- Nacssa Garemore
- Tate Allen
- Sienna Perez
Ages 13-14 Final Standings
- Vance Walker (Season 2 Ninja Warrior Junior Champion Age 13-14)
- Kaden Lebsack
- Devan Alexander
- Kai Beckstrand
American Ninja Warrior Junior Kids Season 2 Episode Recaps & Schedule
- Episode 1 – February 22nd, 2020
- Episode 2 – February 29th, 2020
- Episode 3 – March 7th, 2020
- Episode 4 – March 14th, 2020
- Episode 5 – March 20th, 2020
- Episode 6 – March 27th, 2020
- Episode 7 – April 3rd, 2020
- Episode 8 – April 10th, 2020
- Episode 9 – April 17th, 2020
- Episode 10 – April 24th, 2020
- Episode 11 – May 1st, 2020
- Episode 12 – May 8th, 2020
- Episode 13 – May 15th, 2020
- Episode 14 – May 22nd, 2020
- Episode 15 – May 29th, 2020
- Episode 16 – June 5th, 2020
- Episode 17 (Season Finale) – June 12th, 2020
Watch Full Episodes of American Ninja Warrior Junior Kids Episodes
Videos to to be added once available.